Skip to main content
I like day old popcorn.
And stale graham crackers.

I don't like flat sheets. I like to curl up in my blankets and the top sheet never stays where it is supposed to, so I don't use them.

I like the pumpkin tea lights we got at Target the other night.

I like that Nicole & I are hosting Thanksgiving at our place this year for friends who don't end up going home. I hope a lot of people come, I'm very excited about it.

I don't like when I can't log on to put up new songs, but I do like that tonight that wasn't the case.

I like the two songs I added. They happen to be 2 of my favorites ever. Been feeling the Jars of Clay love this week. The first song reminds me riding in the car with my sister on snowy days to high school, probably because it is on the Drummer Boy EP. The second song is just beautiful, sad but beautiful.

I don't like Garret, so I sent ninjas to attack him. I'm kidding Garret. I only sent one ninja, if he brought buddies it's really not my fault. :P

I like the barista at Starbucks on Westwood Blvd who made my pumpkin spice latte last night, he was very nice and most importantly he didn't put ANY foam in my latte. It's just something he did or rather didn't do, I didn't even ask for it to be left off. He wins for that.

I liked the movie screening we went to last night for "In Her Shoes." It was a wonderful story about healing, but it was quite sexually explicit, so while I enjoyed the main parts of the story, I cannot in good conscience recommend it without giving you a stern warning of it's explicitness. It's unfortunate when a good story is marred like that. It is based on a novel, which I have not read, so I am not sure if the author or Hollywood is to blame. From the way the scene plays out I would imagine that it was in the original work. Either way, I found it superfluous. This is something that I have been considering more lately. What inappropriate things can be shrugged off because the story as a whole is worth telling/seeing? I hope that in the name of relevance we do not compromise. I am thinking a lot about how relevance and purity and holiness all fit together. I will probably write more on this later.

I don't like flying monkeys, so beware of them.

I like to wish you a happy hump day and to tell you, "don't take it like that." :)

And I like YOU. Have a happy rest of the week!

Comments

Ms. McGowan said…
The book was sexually explicit, as well--we'll place the blame on the author. I hate to admit that I read it. It tops the "chick lit" list, but it did make for good reading in Maui last year. Beyond the graphic sexuality, it is a good story:) And, my chick lit expertise ends here. Okay, so I read Confessions of a Shopaholic in Maui, too. You got me.
aziner said…
Thanks for clearing that up Sherry. And you're right it is quite a good story, it's just too bad it's all muddled because it deals so well with brokenness and healing and reconciliation. And it's funny and sweet and touching. The more I think about it the more I like it, but I think it's mostly because I can push that other stuff out of my head. Anyway, I think I need to take vacations with you, Maui sounds fun. :)