Skip to main content

my Thanksgiving post

I intended to post the first part of this the other day on the 19th, but alas I was busy shopping and going to Harry Potter that day.

Anyhow, the 19th of every month is always significant to me, probably because my birthday is on the 19th of February. And a really cool friend's birthday is on March 19th. And the day I officially moved to LA (after my semester out here) was June 19th. In just under 3 months I will be 24. And in under 3 days it will be the 24th and it will be Thanksgiving! I am very excited about that. So I am writing my Thanksgiving post tonight because I am not sure that I will have a lot of time the rest of the week. Last year's Thanksgiving was still in a pretty difficult time of my life and while there are things that are still the same, my life as a whole is so much better this year. And even those things mentioned in the poem I am dealing better with I think.

So here are some things I'm thankful for (not in much of an order per se):
1. my family
2. my friends, including my super cool roommate
3. my God
4. my job
5. living in LA
6. feeling kinda like an adult, but still like I have the wonder of a child at least part of the time
7. not having to get a flu shot! (my mom would make me if I was still living at home, I hate needles)
8. my church
9. being able to invite friends over for Thanksgiving- there will be 10 people here!
10. that I'm coming out of my shell a bit at opportune times, I've made 2 friends mostly on my own in the past several weeks, this is a big thing for me
11. letting go of feelings when they must be released
12. thunderstorms
13. handwritten letters
14. chapstick
15. candles
16. Christmas decorations
17. painting
18. our new red furniture!
19. a working refrigerator
20. friends who, having known us for a short time, stepped up and helped us move
21. knowing that I am loved
22. and being able to feel it
23. stories
24. film
25. laughter
26. grace
27. penguins, seriously they're so cute :)
28. freedom
29. music
30. the wonder of creation
31. blogs, I so enjoy them
32. photographs
33. memories
34. journals
35. dreams, except the scary ones, too many of those this year :36. knowing there are people who miss me
37. rides to the airport
38. HUGS
39. making friends smile
40. phone calls
41. the teddy bear from my mom
42. chocolate
43. singing
44. Gilmore Girls :)
45. taco Tuesday!
46. loving to cook
47. joy in the simple things
48. the Copeland concert
49. the night a friend whispered he loved me
50. the night He shouted that He loved me this summer
51. stars
52. literature
53. art
54. games
55. kool-aid
56. white tea
57. creativity
58. chilly nights
59. the Sunday night cafe at church
60. lattes
61. chai
62. sunshine
63. Omaha, somewhere in middle America
64. baseball
65. hope
66. poetry
67. people who try to make a difference
68. ice skating
69. that so much can change in a year
70. that you read all the way to the end

I'm sure I could think of more, but that's quite a long list and I don't want to overwhelm anyone more than I already have. Feel free to add some of yours. And in case I don't see you or talk to you before Thursday, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comments