Skip to main content

I probably don't want to know what a shrink would say about me

I'm in quite a strop right now, but instead of waxing poetic about that which plagues my heart I thought I would distract myself by telling you something quite peculiar about myself. I have the strange ability to remember what outfit I was wearing during certain moments in my life. And I'm not talking about moments that have photos to accompany them. Most of these are completely random moments. Some important, some not so much. Here are a few examples.

Last January when I lost my job I was wearing what were at the time my favorite jeans, a light blue & yellow striped polo, my khaki hooded jackety sweatery thing, and white shoes. I was feeling quite preppy and cute. Losing my job kinda ruined that outfit for me. And I remember as I was leaving that day thinking that I would always remember that day and connect it with that outfit which I thought was quite unfortunate since I liked the outfit so much.

When I went to see Two Towers on opening night with my mom I was wearing this blue and white and grey striped 3/4 length sleeved polo shirt that my mom had bought for me.

The night I had a conversation with a friend that has been stuck in my head for nearly 3 weeks I was wearing my Copeland tshirt. Nicole was also wearing her Copeland shirt that day. The first night I ever wore my Copeland tshirt I had another interesting conversation with the same friend.

The day we moved into our new apartment I was wearing a yellow polo and some old khaki pants.

The night we went to Jeremy Graham's birthday party I was wearing a blue shirt with a blue sweater and my current favorite jeans and brown shoes that I used to hate but now love.

The day I officially moved to LA I was wearing this blue button up shirt that I have had since high school with the same old khakis from moving day.

And when I flew to Houston last year for Christmas I wore my Superman tshirt with the American flag in the "S" with my black hooded sweatshirt and my Boston Red Sox hat. (My new theory of flying is to look as American as possible. Being able to pass for Middle Eastern is not a useful trait while going through security at the airport.)

Anyone else remember random stuff like this? I also have a freakishly good memory for phone numbers and for specific locations of random events, such as where I was exactly when someone called and we had such and such conversation. And I'm pretty good with remembering birthdays usually. Too bad ridiculous capability to remember random information isn't the first trait most people are looking for. :P

Comments

Unknown said…
Azina, your freakishly good memory is just another reason why i like you, and of course, because it is the 22nd of december

wkmimv
Anonymous said…
That kind of memory would be a great trait for a reporter! So hand it over. :)
aziner said…
Names I'm kinda weird with, some I remember without trouble others take a very long time to stick in my head. I'm very good with faces though.

Shauna you make me happy. I like you too! :)

Jennifer I'll trade you some of my memory for some of your snow. :D