Skip to main content

to my pink sleeping bag with love

Yes, that's right. I said pink sleeping bag. Bubble gum, completely girly, non-camping enthusiast pink. :) Next weekend I'm going on a weekend missions trip to Mexico with my church. I was told yesterday that we would need to bring a sleeping bag to you know sleep in. This presented a problem for me as I did not own one. Not being much of a person to sleep outside or on the ground for any sort of random reason, I had never had the need or desire to own one. So last night I went to Target to buy supplies for the trip. I ventured upstairs toward the camping supplies. (Silly 2-story Target) As I turned down the aisle I was met with 2 glorious things, a pink sleeping bag and a price of 9.99. (It also happened to be the right temperature & size.) I considered whether or not to purchase such a ridiculous thing, but I thought to myself, if I have to buy a sleeping bag I'm going to buy the silliest, girliest, non-camperiest one I can find. And so I did. Last night I unrolled it and tested it out. It's quite enjoyable, warm enough but not too warm & sufficiently cushioned. And now that I own a sleeping bag I keep thinking of all the wonderful uses for it, all of those that wouldn't equal sleeping with spiders that is. In fact, you're all invited over for a sleepover in two weeks. ;)

Comments