Skip to main content

oh my day

Hooray for 100 degree temperatures and spending half the day in my non-air conditioned car. :P

I was at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf this morning, waiting for my boss and enjoying a nice ice blended pomegranate blueberry tea latte. A few feet away from me there was a girl, just standing in Coffee Bean curling her hair! I thought, now I've seen it all. Okay so occasionally there are circumstances in which you find the need to primp once you've left home & do not have the option of returning home. I get that. But wouldn't you opt for the restroom for all your hair curling requirements? So bizarre.

The funniest part of my day: someone found my blog by Googling "signs your guy is about to propose." They were directed to this post. hahahahahahahahaha :)

An answer to the comments:
Steve, I believe it is the camel which personifies heat, though not as adorably as the penguin personifies cold.

Jennifer, thanks for commiserating.

Joe, your comment was highly amusing. Assuming the thermostat in my office is correct, it ranges between 60-65 degrees. I think you will agree with me that is far too chilly for the indoors. And yes, someone should be executed by the California Energy Police. I feel the ideal temperature is around 75 degrees.

Raj, I generally tend to agree with the "you can always put more on " theory, but when you are wearing fleeces to work in the middle of the summer and are still cold there's a problem. And you're right, the penguinicity of my office did lead to making up new words which is always fun.

Galen, the stanza at the end of that post is from "Snow ((Hey Oh))" off the Jupiter disc of Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Arcadium.

Raj, I'm happy I'm a girl if for no other reason I can have fun on a Friday night by collaging. :)

Comments

aziner said…
Steve, no offense but I'm pretty sure that's not something on which I'm glad to be commiserating with you.