Skip to main content
For all the melodies and choruses in the world, all the songs ever written, all the music about this earth, there is no greater sound than hearing a small child say your name. I was able to be in Omaha over Labor Day weekend & spend time with my family (except Joe unfortunately) and had the distinct pleasure of hearing my youngest niece utter my name in a way that only she at this age will ever say it. And I am so pleased to report that Ashlee was right when she said a bond like what Jadyn & I had formed was not one that would be forgotten. Knowing that 4 months could pass and not break our bond makes the time between now & Christmas not seem quite so long.

Don't get me wrong, I don't love or miss Alaina or Amber or the rest of the family any less. They are all very dear to my heart & I cannot wait to see them again. But Jadyn & I have a connection that I have never had with anyone else on the planet, nor am I likely to unless I have a daughter much like her. She has such a spirit. She hates the wind and will shout, "no!" when it dares bother her. She will make sure you kill a bug once she spots it. She will push you to your limits & then be completely sweet. She has pain in store for her life without a doubt, but wow the joy she has in store. That will be simply amazing.

Comments

Ms. McGowan said…
Oh, Azina. That's beautiful and so incredibly touching. I LOVED the way my first nephew said my name (when he was a baby). You're a woman after my own heart!!
Amber said…
What goes along with this is that when Azina was walking through security to get on the plane to go back, Jadyn kept calling her name. I'm pretty sure there are fewer things more depressing than that for me.

Yesterday, I was showing the girls pictures from our trip to Omaha, and before we even got to a picture with Azina in it, Jadyn was saying "Azina." She remembers.
joser said…
I'm getting all misty and stuff... *sniff* I tell you what. Azina called me family. 'kay, I'm better now.

The choruses of "Dad-Dee", and "NO, Dad-Dee" when I get home never seem to get old either.
aziner said…
Thanks Sherry. :)

Joe, of course you're family, silly.

Amber, having Jadyn say my name as I walked away was one of the most bittersweet moments of my life. It kind of felt like her own little way of saying, "I'll miss you," which is sad of course, but it's nice to be missed.

Thanks for sharing the story about looking at the pictures with the girls. That pretty much has made my week. :)