Skip to main content

in keeping with tradition

I couldn't let the first day of February pass without properly ushering in the month. As you know, if you've been with us during past Februaries, I love this month. So I have compiled for you the Top 10 reasons why February is awesome.

10. groundhogs predicting weather patterns- it's almost as if we're ancient Romans divining the will of the gods based on how the birds are flying and what their excrement looks like
9. the cool spelling
8. it's the only month with 28 and sometimes 29 days
7. President's Day
6. February sweeps = good tv all month long
5. Flag Day for Canada (wave that maple leaf, wave it)
4. the weather is often amazing- one year in Omaha I had my birthday outside and last year on my birthday the sky in LA was the clearest I have ever seen it (I could see the mountains behind the mountains that you can't normally see & there were snow capped peaks, it was so beautiful!)
3. the return of my bogus Valentine's statistics (2004, 2006)
2. the cherry blossoms at Balboa Lake will bloom. I'm determined not to miss them this year. Hopefully the cold weather hasn't ruined them.

and of course the super duper fantastical number 1 reason why February is awesome . . .
my birthday!

Comments