Skip to main content

like the dragonfly's wings need the wind

Prior to this week, I can't remember the last time I listened to Copeland.  That's kind of crazy to me considering how instrumental Copeland's music was to me surviving the earlier days in LA.  Near the end of my time in LA, my older younger brother and I got to see Copeland at a tiny & wonderful venue there.  Not too long after that Copeland was no more . . . until now that is.

On April Fool's day Copeland announced that they had reunited to put out a new album.  My older younger brother informed me of this news, however we weren't entirely sure if it was a cruel prank or a delightful surprise.  The fact is if you have actual news to release on April 1st, you're going to have a bad time.  And the recipients of your news are going to have a bad time trying to figure out if you're joking or not.

Well I am quite happy to report that Copeland's news was real.  Hazaa!  You can check out & purchase a new song from the upcoming album here.  The song is called "Ordinary" and as I listen to it on repeat, it's quickly becoming a favorite song about life & love.  Here's to the beauty, comfort, and stability in the ordinary.

Since you came along my days are ordinary
We laugh just like yesterday
And I kiss you like the day before
And I hold you just like ordinary
Perhaps when the day is new
We'll find tomorrow is just ordinary too


After you check that out, you can head over here for limited edition, pre-order goodies.

Happy listening!  Don't forget to watch for flying monkeys.

Comments