Skip to main content
I want to know that I will not spend
All the nights of my life alone
For that is the saddest thought to me
I want to marry in the church
Where I grew up
I want the wedding to be a reflection of us
And not some crazy fiasco
I want to plan for a marriage
And not just for a wedding
(I think too many people miss this point)
I want to be really good friends with his mother
My idealism tells me it's possible
I want to slow dance in the kitchen
When we should be cleaning up
I want to quiet giggling children
Half an hour after their bedtime
I want to sponsor youth group with him
And offer the kids a refuge from the rest of life
I want to grow old
And love his wrinkled face

I want to pray with him
and sing with him
and laugh with him
I want to grow with him
hold hands with him
and cherish him

I want to meet him

---------------------------------------------

I dream of worlds
Where you'd understand
And I dream a
Million sleepless nights
I dream of fire when
You're touching my hand
But it twists into smoke
When I turn on the light
I'm speechless and faded
It's too complicated
Is this how the book ends,
Nothing but good friends?
'Cause you don't see me
And you don't need me
And you don't love me
The way I wish you would

Comments

Unknown said…
i couldn't have said it better myself friend!!