Skip to main content

couldn't miss my first day of February post!

In doing research for work this week I came across a couple of interesting things. Man, can I tell you how much I LOVE doing research as part of work? I'm being totally serious; it's one of my favorite things. :)

One thing I came across, completely unrelated to what I was searching for was this article on a really bad case of animal cruelty. Unfortunately there was also a really bad case of reporting the situation.

As we got closer, it became a city of cages made out of chain link with approximately 400 animals in the worst case scenario . . . we saw 400 little eyes filled with loneliness and heart break begging us for help.

It's quite tragic to me that not only did these animals live in such poor conditions, but also they each only had one eye! Or maybe some had two eyes and others had none! That's terrible.

about 50 need[ed] immediate life threatening medical attention

Uhh remind me not to go to your vet. I'd prefer my (currently imaginary) bunnies and puppies get LIFE SAVING medical attention. Thank you.

Please don't think I am making light of the situation. I do not think animal cruelty is funny, but poor writing sure is.


Another amusement:
On one of the community calendars around here I found that on 2-14 they are having a "Disaster Preparedness Meeting."

Apparently they are anticipating a lot of men in their community forgetting Valentine's Day or failing to live up to expectations and they want to be prepared for the fallout from crazy women freaking out. Good luck.

Speaking of . . . today is the first day of February which means we are once again entering my favorite month! And yes I will be once again posting my Bogus Valentine's Day Statistics. Stay tuned for this annual (except that one year I missed it) favorite. (2004, 2006, 2007) Don't worry just because I'm in a relationship with a wonderful man doesn't mean I've lost my ability to be ridiculous and fabricate* statistics. :)

For the past 3 years I've been extolling the virtues of February. I think you've probably gotten the point by now so here's just a cliff's notes version, in no particular order:

~ ground hog's day, who doesn't love bogus weather predictions based on rodents?

~ blooming cherry blossoms, I can't wait!

~ Valentine's Day, something I still don't really care about & am so pleased to be dating someone who knows romance is a year round thing & thus just chilling together is well in order for this day

~ Leap Day, no other month can just add a day every 4 years or ever really

~ and of course . . . MY BIRTHDAY! woo! I heart birthdays :)

Hope February is off to a great start for you! It's off to a nearly perfect start for me. :)



*While there is often truth in the statistic statements themselves the actual numbers are completely pulled out of my posterior.

Comments